top of page
Back to School

How can I get a copy of my child's immunization record to submit to their school for registration?

The most convenient way to access your child's records is through our Patient Portal (click the link at the top of the page). If you have never logged into our Patient Portal or you forgot your login information, give the office a call. We can easily set it up or reset your password by sending an email with a quick link to get started or change your password.

On a Computer: After logging in, click "Medical Records" in the right-hand column and then "Immunizations". You are then able to print your child's record right from home. *Please note that this option is available via computer/laptop only and not on mobile devices/tablets.

On a Mobile Device: Have you used our Healow App? (If not, please make sure you first register for our Patient Portal by calling our office to get set up.) On the Healow App you can click on "My Records" and then "Immunizations". *Please note that although immunizations can be viewed here, they cannot be printed from the app. 

Don't have access to a computer or printer? We can quickly and easily print them at our office and send them via mail, fax, or email. *Please note that before our office can legally send your child's immunizations, a Record Release must be filled out and signed. This also applies if you come pick up records from our office. 

Please note that if you are having trouble with any of this you can call the office and we are happy to help! 

Imm Record: Quote

What Immunizations Are Required for Utah Schools?

If you are registering your child for Elementary School in the state of Utah the following vaccines are required:

"A student born after July 1, 1996 must meet the minimum immunization requirements of the ACIP prior to school entry for the following antigens: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, and Varicella." (R396-100-3. Required Immunizations)

If you are registering your child for Junior High School in the state of Utah the following vaccines are required in addition to the vaccines required for Elementary School:

 "A student born after July 1, 1993 must also meet the minimum immunization requirements of the ACIP prior to entry into the seventh grade for the following antigens: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Varicella, and Meningococcal." (R396-100-3. Required Immunizations)

Imm Record: Quote

Is a Physical Exam Required for School Entry?

Utah Public Schools no longer require your child to have a Physical Exam before entering school, however, Dr. Johnson recommends your child receive a physical once a year, regardless of age. Yearly exams are required by our office in order for your child to receive vaccines in our office. Keep in mind that we do "extras" at the Kindergarten and 12 Year exams which include: Urinalysis, Hemoglobin, and Eye Exam. 

Imm Record: Quote
bottom of page